Saturday 27 November 2010

Article - Kanye West

Kanye West is continuing his new found love for all that is ‘Artistic’ by releasing a 32 minute long film for his new single ‘Runaway’. The ‘film’ features all the songs he has been releasing on ‘Good Friday’ as he likes to call it.
Not only does he direct the film but he also does a little bit – of rather poor – acting alongside former Victoria Secret model, Selena Ebanks, who plays what I think is some sort of phoenix.

Her costume consists of huge wings and discreetly placed feathers and I must say she looks pretty good.






But none of this really works for me. I don’t get why Kanye feels the need to do this. I, like many other people, miss the days of the old Kanye who hit the scene with ‘college dropout’ and ‘The graduation’.

I’ve always liked how different his videos were compared to other rappers. But it doesn’t look like the days of ‘Jesus walks’ and ‘Blood diamonds’ will be back in our lives anytime soon….neither will the tradition of 3 minute videos, the way everyone is going!

I wonder what Lady Gaga will do now Kanye’s taken the throne for both longest and shortest music video…

 

Published: www.thenewcurrent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment